Samokov Herping 2017

 Today I went to Samokov to repair my bicycle that I haven't used for about two years. The bike looked terrible, all dusty and warped in spider webs, but after the man I took it to finished repairing it, it actually started looking like a suitable vehicle. So, while waiting for the bus, I decided to go on a little herping trip at the Iskar river. Loads of Wall lizards, as always, but I also managed to catch a young male Grass snake, the first snake I've caught in my home region this year.


 After I was done herping, I thought it would be very nice to just ride my bike around the city, listening to music on my headphones (I bring them literally everywhere). I felt so good and free, I didn't feel like taking the bus to my village, but ride my bike through the fields instead. It was a long trip, maybe 30-40 minutes or so, I can't remember, I lost track of time.
 While I was pedaling my way to the village, I got the opportunity to do a little on-road birdwatching. Common buzzard, White stork, Common kestrel and Common raven are some of the more interesting species I stumbled upon.

Was nearly home when this guy showed up. He got pretty angry and growled when I started taking pictures. The little bugger was in the middle of the road, so I had to move him aside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herping with Dylan and Pete

Adventures in Malta

Herping around in the village